Thursday, March 6, 2014

Every Ba

I use to lay in bed staring at the clock for 2-3 hours before falling asleep. Not all the time, but most nights. Usually when I had to get up early for work the next day. But then I started noticing whenever I would have the day off I could go to bed around the same time as normal and fall asleep pretty quickly. I couldn't figure out for the longest time why this was happening. Then one day it clicked. The reason I would lay in bed all night is because I was trying too hard. I was so worried about having to get up early, that the thought thrived in my mind.

So what are the sleepless to do? Allow me to share with you the solutions I have found. I have beaten my battle against insomnia. Perhaps with a little help, you can too.

Dont eat anything within a few hours of going to bed. If you have to snack make sure it is only because you are hungry and only eat how to fall asleep fast enough to curb your hunger.

Turn off the TV(and/or computer). Your brain is being stimulated and bombarded by hundreds if not thousands of images per second. At least 3 hours before you plan on going to sleep, avoid these forms of entertainment. While some people love to fall asleep to their favorite movie or TV show and swear it is the only way they can get to sleep; their brains just aren't wired like those with sleep difficulties. Find soothing, calming, and relaxing ways to gear down for the night such as: listening to slow music and/or reading a book. Have a bonfire and watch the flames dancing against how to sleep the evening sky. Watch a sun set and listen to the change from bird songs to cricket chirps.

This is an integral step in most of the articles I've stumbled on. Our bodies operate on the circadian rhythm system. It tells us when to shut down and when to restart. It's taught me that I do sleep semi-good, except at the most unsavory of times. The trick is to adjust the rhythm to a time slot more acceptable. You know, like primetime. My schedule to accomplish this is pretty simple.

Hypnosis is a process in which a certain state (physical and mental) is attained after following certain instructions given to the mind by the person himself or by someone else. Hypnotherapy is a treatment that uses hypnosis to overcome insomnia. Self-hypnosis can be done by people suffering from insomnia to get how to fall asleep sound and relaxed sleep.

Be physically active during the day. Regular physical activity can promote better sleep, helping you to fall asleep faster and to enjoy deeper sleep. Timing is important, though. If you exercise too close to bedtime, you might be too energized to fall asleep.

Although medication may help your sleep, there may be potential side effects that may be devastating in the long run. Try to stick to the first two tips mentioned before. Have a good nights sleep!

No comments:

Post a Comment